8 Questions to ask yourself if you’re considering a serviced office
With the variety of office spaces available these days, it can be confusing to choose the right option for your business. If you’re considering a serviced office, consider these 8 questions to ensure you’re getting the right type of office space for you and your business.
Answer the questions with as many details as possible. You’ll learn more about what your business needs and will have the information you need to make the best choice of office space for your company.
1). How Much Space Do You Need?
It’s easy to become caught up in the excitement of a new office space. However, consider the space options available. Is there enough space to meet your business needs? If you have employees, will the space comfortably accommodate everyone?
What type of furnishings do you need? Will the space fit the office furniture, fittings, equipment and your employees?
2). Is Your Business Growing, or Are You Expecting It to Grow?
After deciding how much space you’ll need right now, you’ll next need to determine if your business is expected to grow, or even downsize in the future. One of the advantages of a service office space is the flexibility to scale with your business.
Serviced office spaces generally offer short- and long-term leases that can accommodate your business needs, whether you’re looking to grow or downsize. You have the flexibility to do make adjustments as your business changes.
If you’re unsure, then choosing a short-term lease for now may be your best option. Later, if your business looks like it’s set to expand, then you can choose to upgrade the company’s office space.
3). What Types of Licensing Agreement Do They Offer?
Now’s the time to ask about the types of leases the service office company provides. Many providers offer anywhere from 3-12-month leases (or longer), with flexible options.
4). What’s Included in the Lease?
You’ll need to ask the service office provider about what’s included in their leases. Ask them to provide information on exactly what’s covered (or not) by the types of leases they provide. For instance, does the lease include the use of meetings rooms, or is this an extra charge? Are there enough parking spaces for your employees, and are these included in the lease? What about toiletries in the bathrooms? Are there showers on-site? If there’s a kitchen on-site, is the use of this facility included in the lease?
Here, it can be helpful to make a list of questions before discussing these with the service office provider. And be sure to ask for the details—you want to watch out for any hidden costs. Avoid service offices that charge for every little thing.
5). Is this a Good Location/Address for my Business?
Location is an important consideration for your business, so you’ll want to ensure the service office space you’re interested in is truly the best option. Consider these questions:
- Is the office in a convenient location?
- Is it easy for employees and clients to reach?
- Is there plenty of parking in the area?
- Are there enough local amenities in the area? (your employees may want to go out for lunch, or you may want to take a client out to dinner, for instance).
6). Is the serviced office easily accessible?
This goes right along with the office’s location—you want to make sure the site is easily accessible for your employees and clients. The site should be located near transportation links such as a major freeway, public transport (taxi, Uber, metro, buses, etc.) and more.
Avoid those locations that are too far away for most of your employees and those addresses that are too difficult for clients to find.
7). Is the site secure?
While the serviced office may have a great address, is the area safe? Is there enough security in the area to keep you and your staff comfortable?
Another consideration, does the serviced office provider have a security system installed? If so, then what type of system do they use? Do they have security on staff 24/7? Do you need a code to enter the building and/or the office? Is there a receptionist available to monitor who comes and goes?
You want to make sure your employees, you and the company’s office equipment, furnishings, files, etc. are as secure as possible.
8). What Facilities are Available?
Serviced office providers vary in the types of services they provide. You’ll find some that offer access to a full-equipped kitchen, free coffee, an on-site gym and much more. Ask what type of facilities are available—this may vary depending on the type of lease you have.
You’ve Found the Right Place When…
After asking all the questions you’ve come up with, you’ll know you’ve found the right serviced office space when:
- You feel good, positive and comfortable walking into the reception area. Were you kindly greeted when you entered, or ignored? A great reception area will offer a warm welcome and you’ll feel comfortable.
- The space fits the type and size of your business. Look for spaces that are an easy, comfortable fit you’re the type of business you run, and the size of your business. If you feel like you’re sacrificing too much to get the space, then move on to another serviced office provider. You and your employees need to feel happy and comfortable in the new office space.
- The serviced office space provides the amenities you and your company need. Look for the space that offers what you need. Would your employees like the use of a fully equipped kitchen? Would some of them like an on-site gym and showers? Do you need frequent access to meeting rooms or event spaces? Keep these things in mind when looking for just the right serviced office to meet your company’s needs.
- The price is right for what you need/want. You’ve found the right place when the price meets your needs and wants.
You’ll know when you’ve found the right spot. The right serviced office space will provide what your business needs, at the right price and in the right location. Don’t hesitate to ask questions. If the answers aren’t a good fit, or you feel like you’re haggling over too many details, then go on to the next serviced office on your list. With the variety of serviced offices available, you’re sure to find the right space for your company.
Iconic buildings, Prime locations, Beautiful design.
Match your business personality with design-led workspace that makes a splash with clients. Our fantastic buildings in the north of England are fit for every task, and you’ll love the impression they leave. Take a look – no two are the same.
46 Park Place,
Leeds LS1 2RY Explore this location
Leeds LS16 6QY Explore this location