HR ADVISOR (HR Generalist)
|£24,000 – £27,000 per annum (depending on experience)
|Full time, 08:30-17:30, Monday-Friday, 40 hours a week.
|Hybrid working is available but must be able to visit onsite locations when required.
Whilst in the probationary period 4 days in the office and 1 day at home. Upon successful passing of probation this can change to 3 days in the office and 2 days at home.
Locations are currently based in the North of England, (mainly in Leeds) with other locations being Harrogate, Sheffield, Glasgow. However, Wizu is on a growth journey and expect our number of locations to increase over the coming years.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and passionate HR Advisor to join our team on a permanent basis to help facilitate our growth needs. At Wizu, our people matter and our approach to learning and development and supporting our staff is paramount to our success. We are a close-knit team and you’ll be the one to ensure we have a happy and productive workplace though influencing and shaping culture. This role will be administrative based, and people orientated, being the point of contact of employee support.
Our HR Advisor will also be responsible for the creation of new policies, procedures and compliance relating to employees. This role will ensure our current policies are kept up to date along with making any potential policy changes in line with legislation and best practice. Our HR Advisor will offer guidance and support to line managers on any employee issues. Additionally, staying updated on HR best practices and continuously improving processes is crucial in this role.
Your primary responsibilities will include, though will not be limited to:
- Complete HR related administrative tasks efficiently.
- Oversee the recruitment process, including writing job descriptions, posting adverts, working with hiring managers and recruitment agencies, filtering applications, sourcing candidates, conducting Team interviews, arranging, and attending face to face interviews.
- Manage all new starters within the business; make job offers, produce employment offer documents and contracts, complete reference checks and arrange induction training.
- Provide feedback to unsuccessful applicants and keep records of those candidates who may be suitable for alternate or future roles.
- Update and maintain employee records.
- Prepare HR-related letters (employment verification, promotions, etc.).
- Track probation reviews, review deadlines to ensure timely completion and documentation.
- Ensure all leavers and changes to staff contracts are processed in line with the relevant HR process.
- Advise line managers on employment related topics.
- Support with training and development.
- Support and advise key stakeholders on all HR queries and issues including discipline, grievance, absence management and performance improvement.
- Work with Finance to collate monthly payroll including notifying of changes to staff salaries and benefits, sickness, new starters, and leavers.
- Create, review, and implement policies and procedures ensuring it is in accordance with current legislation.
- Assist with business audits where necessary.
YOU – SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
The successful candidate will have/be:
- Qualifications; ideally CIPD qualified
- A clean driving license and access to a car is preferrable but not essential
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Work to a high standard in a fast-paced environment
- Have a positive ‘can do’ attitude with a willingness to learn
- Thrive under pressure and is also highly motivated and works well alone
- Calm and structured individual with a high level of attention to detail
- Experience managing sickness absence
- Up to date understanding of employment law and proven track record within Employee Relations including – disciplinary, grievance, redundancy and restructures, performance management
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN RETURN
- A job you’ll enjoy – we work hard, but we have the best fun doing it
- The best team events. We love celebrating our successes together in style at our team events
- Benefits; company pension, free tea and coffee, your birthday off, access to Perk Box and other rewards
- Managers who’ll always listen to you – we love making great things happen together, so all ideas are welcome!
- An award winning team: we’ve been voted the Best Workspace Provider in West Yorkshire
Iconic buildings, Prime locations, Beautiful design.
Match your business personality with design-led workspace that makes a splash with clients. Our fantastic buildings in the north of England are fit for every task, and you’ll love the impression they leave. Take a look – no two are the same.
New Bridge St W,
Newcastle, NE1 8AL Explore this location
46 Park Place,
Leeds LS1 2RY Explore this location
1 Park Court,
Leeds LS1 2QH Explore this location
Lawnswood Business Park,
Leeds LS16 6QY Explore this location
32 Eyre St,
Sheffield, S1 4QZ Explore this location
110 Station Parade,
Harrogate, HG1 1EP Explore this location